There are 5 major airports, which are within driving distance from Daventry. But Birmingham airport is the closest to Daventry, which is just 27.8 miles away. You have the options of a car, bus or train if you want to reach Birmingham (BHX) airport.
Birmingham Airport by Train
There is no direct train from Daventry to Birmingham airport, but you can catch one from Northampton. All you need to do is take a bus or a taxi from Daventry to Northampton railway station, which is roughly 30 minutes ride. Buses from Daventry to Northampton are available at an interval of every 1 hour. You can also hire a cab service from Executive Taxi for an affordable rate. Trains from Northampton to Birmingham Airport are available every half an hour and takes about 50 minutes.
Buses to Birmingham Airport
Again there are no direct busses from Daventry to Birmingham Airport, but there are two options which you can use.
- First would be to take a bus to Northampton Bus Interchange and take a connecting one to Birmingham Airport. You got hourly buses to Northampton, but only two buses a day from Northampton to Birmingham airport. Not a wonderful option if you have a scheduled flight to catch.
- The second option would be to take a bus from Daventry to Banbury bus station which runs every 3 hours, then walk to Banbury railway station and take a connecting train to Birmingham international which runs every hour.
Birmingham Airport by Car
The best would be driving to Birmingham airport if you have your car, or you could hire one. There are three routes you can take for your journey by car.
- Via A45, this is about 29 miles and takes roughly 43 minutes to reach Birmingham airport.
- A 29.1 miles’ drive via M6, which will take about 47 minutes to reach Birmingham airport.
- And the longest being a 44.5 miles’ drive via A425, roughly taking 54 minutes to reach Birmingham airport.
If you finalise to hire a taxi, there are many selections to choose from, as Daventry is blessed with lots of taxi companies. The most exceptional one that is serving Daventry for quite some time now would be Executive Taxi. They have a variety of fleet ranging from saloons, executives, estates, MPVs, 7 Seaters, and 8 Seaters. Their fares are unbeatable in Daventry and surrounding areas. They have a whole new section dedicated to serving their ever-growing clientele travelling to and from Daventry and Birmingham Airport.